Health and Social Care
This course is suitable for someone who is relatively new to working within the Health and Social care sector. Its flexibility suits all fields of health and social care, for example; working with people with a disability, people with dementia or children and young people.
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16 and above who can reach the required standards. This qualification should: be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression ensure equality of opportunity for all wishing to access the qualification. Level 2 will suit you if you are a care worker. If you’re already working in care, you probably work mainly under supervision. You want to increase your skills and take on more responsibility.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- residential care
- community and primary care
- acute health environments (eg hospitals)
- domiciliary services (home care / home help)
- supported living projects
- community-based care
- private care for a person or family.
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
You will also be required to complete a number of optional units. These will be selected based on your specific job role.
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 2
What are the benefits of this qualification?
The Level 2 Diploma for Health and Social Care (Wales and Northern Ireland) will meet the qualification requirements stated by Care Council for Wales.
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 12 months.