Level 5 Leadership and Management of Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development: Practice
Learners are required to have completed the Level 4 Preparing for Leadership and Management in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development qualification prior to undertaking this Level 5 Practice qualification.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- Day Care Manager
- NCMA Network Coordinator
- Nursery Manager
- Nursery Practitioner
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is practice-based for those with experience in a leadership or management role within the Childcare sector. This qualification is designed to help learners over the age of 19 to practice as leaders and managers in the sector. It is particularly relevant to those managing Flying Start provision, or for those delivering the curriculum for 3-7 year olds’ in Foundation Phase settings in Wales. It is also suitable for:
learners whom have successfully completed Level 4 Preparing for Leadership and Management in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development qualification
learners who have successfully completed a relevant legacy qualification listed in the Social Care – ‘Qualification Framework for social care and regulated childcare in Wales’
This qualification is for learners working in a management role within regulated childcare settings with families and children under the age of 8 years and NHS children’s services for those working with families and children aged 0-19 years. This qualification is practice-based and assesses learners’ knowledge and practice. It is designed for learners in work-based learning. The qualification will assess learners’ knowledge and practice through their work. Learners are required to complete the Level 4 Preparing for Leadership and Management in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development qualification prior to taking this qualification.
- 501 Lead and manage child-centred practice
- 502 Lead and manage effective team performance
- 503 Lead and manage the quality of workplace/setting
- 504 Professional practice
- 505 Lead and manage practice that promotes safeguarding of children
- 506 Lead and manage health, safety and security in the workplace/setting
- 507 Lead and manage health, well-being and creative learning within childcare provision
- 508 Lead and manage the acquisition of a new language through immersion
- 509 Lead and manage support for families to develop parenting skills
- 510 Lead and manage speech, language and communication skills
- 511 Lead and manage services for children with additional needs
- 512 Lead and manage continuous improvement through the regulatory processes
- 543 Lead and manage inter-professional working arrangements
- 544 Lead work with volunteers
- 545 Lead and manage business planning and processes
- 546 Lead and manage a therapy team
- 547 Lead and manage child health services
- 415 Study skills
- Level 5 Leadership and Management of Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development: Practice
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 3
What are the benefits of this qualification?
The qualification allows learners to progress their employment opportunities or to continue to further study at a higher level.
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 24 months.