Children’s Care, Learning and Development
This course is suitable for someone who wishes to develop their role within a childcare setting. It assesses and develops the knowledge and skills of those employed in a wide range of children and young people settings covering the age range of 0-19.
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16 and above who are capable of reaching the required standards. This qualification should: be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression ensure equality of opportunity for all wishing to access the qualification.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- Care worker Childminder
- Crèche Practitioner
- Cylch Meithrin Leader
- Early Years Practitioner Nursery Practitioner/Manager
- Out of School Childcare Practitioner
- Manager Playgroup Leader
- Toy Librarian
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Promote Child and Young Person Development
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Develop Positive Relationships with Children, Young People and Others Involved in Their Care
- Working Together for the Benefit of Children and Young People
- Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young People
- Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Promote Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Context and Principles for Early Years Provision
- Promote Learning and Development in the Early Years
- Promote Children’s Welfare and Wellbeing in the Early Years
- Professional Practice in Early Years Settings
- Support Children’s Speech, Language and Communication
You will also be required to complete a number of optional units. These will be selected based on your specific job role.
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 3
What are the benefits of this qualification?
The Level 3 Diploma for Children’s Care, Learning and Development (Wales and Northern Ireland) will meet the qualification requirements stated in the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework. In registered settings, other than childminding settings, all supervisors and managers must hold a full and relevant Level 3 qualification
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 13 months.