Children’s Care, Learning and Development
This course is suitable for someone who is relatively new to working within a childcare setting. It assesses and develops the knowledge and skills of those employed in a wide range of children and young people settings covering the age range of 0-19.
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16 and above who are capable of reaching the required standards. This qualification should: be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression and ensure equality of opportunity for all wishing to access the qualification.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- Assistant in children’s centre
- Assistant in day nurseries, nursery schools and nursery classes
- Assistant playgroup worker
- Play worker
- Day Care worker
- Nursery assistant
- Crèche assistant
- Out of School Childcare worker
- Cylch Meithrin assistant
- Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Understand how to Safeguard the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young People
- Understand Partnership Working in Services for Children and Young People
- Contribute to the Support of Children and Young People’s Development through Play
- Introduction to Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Child and Young Person Development
You will also be required to complete a number of optional units. These will be selected based on your specific job role.
- Level 2 Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 2
What are the benefits of this qualification?
Learners who achieve the Level 2 Diploma for Children’s Care, Learning and Development will be eligible to work with children and young people under supervision in Wales and Northern Ireland and may progress to the Level 3 Diploma for Children’s Care, Learning and Development.
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 12 months.