Health and Social Care
Children’s and Young People’s Management
This course is suitable for candidates who work in a senior or managerial role within the health and social care sector. We have courses available which cover both Health and Social Care and Health and Social Care (Children and Young People).
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is for all learners aged 19 and above who can reach the required standards. This qualification should: be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression ensure equality of opportunity for all wishing to access the qualification.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- Adult nurse
- Care home manager
- Care worker
- Children’s nurse
- Health promotion / education specialist
- Health service manager
- Learning disability nurse
- Mental health nurse
- Residential warden
- Social worker
- Supervisor / team leader
- Volunteer manager
- Youth and community worker
- Care home manager.
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Understand child and young person’s development
- Lead practice that supports positive outcomes for child and young person development
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to support the safeguarding of children and young people
- Lead practice in promoting the well-being and resilience of children and young people
You will also be required to complete a number of optional units. These will be selected based on your specific job role.
- Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People’s Management)
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 3
What are the benefits of this qualification?
The Level 5 Diploma for Health and Social Care (Children and Young People’s Advance Practice) (Wales and Northern Ireland) will meet the qualification requirements stated by Care Council for Wales.
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 18 months.