Health and Social Care
Level 5 Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care
This course is suitable for candidates who work in a senior or managerial role within the health and social care sector.
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is for those in a leadership or management role within the Health and Social Care sector. This qualification is practice-based and assesses learners’ knowledge and practice. It is designed for learners in work based learning. The qualification will assess learners’ knowledge and practice through their work. Learners are required to complete the Level 4 Preparing for Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care qualification (or an agreed comparable qualification) prior to taking this qualification. Successful completion of this qualification will enable learners to apply for registration with SCW as a Registered Manager, providing that they also meet all other registration requirements.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- Adult nurse
- Care home manager
- Care worker
- Children’s nurse
- Health promotion / education specialist
- Health service manager
- Learning disability nurse
- Mental health nurse
- Residential warden
- Social worker
- Supervisor / team leader
- Volunteer manager
- Youth and community worker
- Care home manager
Mandatory Group A
- 520 Lead and manage person/child-centred practice
- 521 Lead and manage person/child-centred practice through independent advocacy
Mandatory Group B
- 522 Lead and manage effective team performance
- 523 Lead and manage the quality of service provision to meet legislative, regulatory and organisational requirements
- 524 Professional practice
- 525 Lead and manage practice that promotes the safeguarding of individuals
- 526 Lead and manage health, safety and security in the work setting
You will also be required to complete a number of optional units. These will be selected based on your specific job role.
- Level 5 Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care: Practice
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 3
What are the benefits of this qualification?
Level 5 Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care: Practice
Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
Essential Skills – Communication Level 3
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 24 months.