Health and Social Care
Level 4 Preparing for Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care
This qualification aims to prepare learners for a managerial role, by developing the knowledge requirements that underpin leadership and management within the health and social care sector.
Who is this Qualification for?
This is a knowledge-based qualification for learners employed within the health and social care sector who intend to progress to a management role. This qualification provides a ‘stepping stone’ opportunity for learners wanting to progress to Level 5. This qualification is primarily for those in paid or unpaid employment or who have access to a work placement. This qualification is designed for learners to develop the key knowledge and understanding that underpins leadership and management in the health and social care sector Learners are required to complete this qualification (or an agreed comparable qualification) prior to taking the Level 5 Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care: Practice qualification.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- Adult nurse
- Care home manager
- Care worker
- Children’s nurse
- Health promotion / education specialist
- Health service manager
- Learning disability nurse
- Mental health nurse
- Residential warden
- Social worker
- Supervisor / team leader
- Volunteer manager
- Youth and community worker
- Care home manager
Level 4 Preparing for Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care qualification learners must achieve 60 credits in total. A minimum of 60 credits must be achieved from the Mandatory Group.
The minimum guided learning hour requirement for this qualification is 335.
- 410 Legislation, theories and models of person/child-centred practice
- 411 Theoretical frameworks for leadership and management in health and social care
- 412 Leadership and management of effective team performance in health and social care services
You will also be required to complete a number of optional units. These will be selected based on your specific job role.
- Preparing for Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care Level 4
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 3
What are the benefits of this qualification?
The qualification allows learners to progress within employment or on to further learning via the following Consortium* qualification: Level 5 Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care: Practice
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 24 months.