Health and Social Care
This course is suitable for those who already work as a care worker, within a health and social care setting and have some responsibility in the workplace.
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16 and above who can reach the required standards. This qualification should be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression ensure equality of opportunity for all wishing to access the qualification. Level 3 is ideal if you’re a care worker, and you have some responsibility in your workplace. You sometimes work without supervision. You want to develop or demonstrate your skills, perhaps to become a senior care worker.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- residential care
- community and primary care
- acute health environments (eg hospitals)
- domiciliary services (home care / home help)
- supported living projects
- community-based care
- private care for a person or family.
There are two pathways available at level 3:
- Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People)
- Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults).
Depending on the pathway you choose, you complete either nine (Adults) or fourteen (Children and Young People) core units from a range, among them:
- Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person centred approaches in health and social care
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care
You will also be required to complete a number of optional units. These will be selected based on your specific job role.
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 3
What are the benefits of this qualification?
The Level 3 Diploma for Health and Social Care (Wales and Northern Ireland) will meet the qualification requirements stated by Care Council for Wales.
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 13 months.