Children’s Care, Learning and Development
Level 5 Management
This course is suitable for someone who has a Management role within a childcare setting. It assesses and develops the knowledge and skills of those employed in a wide range of children and young people settings covering the age range of 0-19.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- Day Care Manager
- NCMA Network Coordinator
- Nursery Manager
- Nursery Practitioner
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16 and above who are capable of reaching the required standards. This qualification should: be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression ensure equality of opportunity for all wishing to access the qualification.
- Support Children’s Care, Learning and Development in the Early Years
- Understand Children and Young People’s Development
- Lead Practice that Supports Positive Outcomes for child and Young Person Development
- Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures to Support the Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Professional Practice in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Develop Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices in Health and Social Care of Children and Young People’s Settings
- Work in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication
- Promote Professional Development
- Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Lead and Manage a Team within a Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Setting
- Develop Professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Work Settings
You will also be required to complete a number of optional units. These will be selected based on your specific job role.
- Level 5 Management – Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 3
What are the benefits of this qualification?
These qualifications replace the current Level 4 NVQ in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 18 months.