Children’s Care, Learning and Development
Level 5 Advanced Practice
This course is suitable for someone who has a senior role within a childcare setting. It assesses and develops the knowledge and skills of those employed in a wide range of children and young people settings covering the age range of 0-19.
Who is this Qualification for?
This qualification is for all learners aged 16 and above who are capable of reaching the required standards. This qualification should: be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression ensure equality of opportunity for all wishing to access the qualification.
What are the potential job roles for those with this qualification?
- Day Care Manager
- NCMA Network Coordinator
- Nursery Manager
- Nursery Practitioner
- Support Children’s Care, Learning and Development in the Early Years
- Understand Children and Young People’s Development
- Lead Practice that Supports Positive Outcomes for child and Young Person Development
- Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures to Support the Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Professional Practice in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Develop Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices in Health and Social Care of Children and Young People’s Settings
- Work in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Setting
- Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication
- Promote Professional Development
- Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
You will also be required to complete a number of optional units. These will be selected based on your specific job role.
- Level 5 Advanced Practice – Diploma in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Essential Skills – Application of Numbers Level 2
- Essential Skills – Communication Level 3
What are the benefits of this qualification?
These qualifications replace the current Level 4 NVQ in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
Completion of this qualification is a maximum of 18 months.